Successful content marketing is almost impossible without creating and blogging on your website and social media profiles.
Blogs are a great way to increase traffic, establish industry authority, user engagement, networking opportunities, and more. Content provides a foundation for effective blogging, so producing them the right way is extremely important.
According to Optimistic Monster, 57% of marketers agree that they have attracted customers through blogging. However, 65% of marketers say their biggest challenge is creating engaging content.
But wait. No matter how strong your online presence is, the real key to winning is managing the consistency of your posts, as it drives top SEO results.
If you are not consistent with your efforts, you cannot improve the search engine ranking (SERP).
How to write a blog that ranks well in search results
I have discussed below some basic steps that I personally use to write articles that generate high rankings on Google.
1. Find relevant niche topics and keywords
What to blog about?
First of all. Understand the science behind the user’s search intent. If you know what your target audience is looking for and what their intention is when they type something in the search bar, half of your job is done.
Draw inspiration from others
Discover the best Google trends, search for topics on Pinterest and Instagram to get a feel for what everyone is looking to learn more about.
You can write about the latest tech trends and news, digital marketing, things related to a pandemic, or whatever your expertise is.
Our previous guest post project shows that websites are accepting more tech-related articles.
A pro tip is to break down complicated facts or concepts into a simple structure. It is easier for you to write and for the reader to understand.
Here are some helpful ways to find a niche topic:
- Pick a topic you like to discuss
- Forum sites like Quora
- ‘Related searches’ section on the Google page
- Keyword suggestion for SEO software
- Get help from sellers if necessary.
Get help from Ubersuggest
Step 1: Look for a broad niche topic such as “website traffic”
Step 2: Click on keyword ideas in the left sidebar.
Step 3: Examine the Results
Now that you’ve found the right keywords to focus on, add them to your title:
- Website traffic increases with these five simple steps.
- What will be driving website traffic for me in 2020?
- The 10 Best Website Traffic Tracking Tools You Absolutely Should Check Out.
Add these keywords in your content as well, but don’t overdo it as it will lead to keyword stuffing. The number of times you want to add the keyword is up to you. Just make sure it looks natural.
2. Write compelling headlines
What Kind Of Article Would You Be Interested In Reading: Social Media Marketing Tips Or How To Use Social Media Marketing To Increase Traffic To Your Website?
I’m sure you would choose the second option because I understand the user’s search intent. This is the reason why it is important to choose the trending topics in your field. Engage your readers with captivating headlines. Titles with 6-13 the words are likely to attract constant traffic.
Write any digital marketing topic on Google’s search bar, and you’ll see several eye-catching headlines urging you to click on them.
3. Optimize for keywords and content
Rule # 1 of your current SEO strategy is to identify the best keywords and optimize them because Google only rewards optimized sites and content.
When your keywords and content are structured in an SEO friendly way,
Use these tips:
- Get a # 1 spot by writing in-depth blog posts with 1000 words or more.
- Increased readability factor by using free tools like
- WebFX Tool
- Text Optimizer
- SEMrush SEO Assistant
- Update your content frequently
For example, in a search for “Christmas Cake Recipe” this article stood out because it was published recently.
However, this article was published last year.
4. Your content should solve customer problems
The content on your blog should be of practical value to visitors, as this is the only way to keep them engaged until the end. They want to read something concrete that not only answers their questions, but also inspires them to take certain actions to improve their lives.
According to 60% of customers, blog posts help them early in the buying process (Oberlo). This implies that the more actionable posts you share, the more power your blog has to drive search traffic.
- Warm readers up with a good introduction (ask questions, share stats, compare, tell a story, stress urgency, etc.).
- Grab the reader’s attention using the AIDA model (awareness, interest, desire, action).
5. Write an engaging meta description
Make a good first impression by providing an opening message to Google. If you don’t write a meta description, users will see a random snippet of your post.
Here is an example of a suitable meta description.
Remember, this is not the main message you want to convey to your reader. Instead, it’s a custom phrase that appears on the search results page.
Some SEO tips to optimize your blog post for Google
All SEO business needs, and as well as your blog post. Here are some more specialized tips for optimizing your blog posts.
a) Create backlinks for your blog
Link building is the backbone of SEO and supports high ranking with off page SEO. There are several ways to improve the quality of your links
- Acquire backlinks from other credible sources. Pitch for guest messages and try to get more contextual backlinks.
- Make more internal links. Look at the Wikipedia page for Steve Jobs.
- Fix broken links ASAP using tools like Dead Link Checker, Google Webmaster, etc.
- Add keyword rich anchor text. For example, instead of placing a link on “click here”, place your link on “these low cost interior design ideas”.
b) Optimize it with schema tags
An effective way to increase blog traffic, SEO and ranking of your website are optimizing a blog post using schema markup. It is used for several types of content like articles, blogs, events, restaurants, movies, local businesses, book reviews, etc.
How it works?
- Visit Google’s Structural Data Tagging Assistant.
- Select the type of content you want to tag.
- Enter the URL of your blog.
- Highlight the basic elements for markup.
- Add schema tags to your website page.
vs) Use social media to market your blog
Extensive content distribution and sharing on social media platforms increases the lifespan of your posts and improves their visibility on Google. It helps you attract organic traffic, brand recognition and reputation.
- Tweek URLs of your blogs and drive traffic to your blog site (not spammy)
- The links you post on social media help Google index your blog.
- More likes, shares, and comments on your blog means higher rankings.
here is an example
An article went viral on Facebook with 68,000 likes, 31,500 shares and 34,280 comments.
With such a high response, the article topped the ranking page for Google. All credit goes to the shares he collected on Facebook.
In conclusion, be sure to add social media sharing buttons in your blog posts and improve its sharing ability.
D) Improve responsiveness
Even if your blog posts are of top quality, they might stay on the search results page due to your website layout.
Improve the layout of your site
SEO + UX = Success
Effective SEO is when the user experience is improved. This means that your layout should be simple and allow users to navigate easily.
Create blogs optimized for mobile
Smartphones are here to stay. In fact, mobile responsiveness is a key ranking factor for Google. In other words, a bad mobile experience can be detrimental to you no matter how flawless your desktop version is.
e) Integrate different types of media
The options for adding media in cover letters are limited, but when it comes to blogging, you have plenty of options to add whatever you want.
F) Optimize blog for voice search
The latest trend in Google search is voice search.
Voice search is a major SEO trend and can optimize your optimization tactics.
Today, thousands of students use their smartphone’s voice search function to search for student-related products and services, such as cheap apartments or personal statements.
To this end, you need to add conversational phrases that people commonly use in everyday life, such as “Beside me”, “How can I”, etc.
A well-written blog post could go viral and draw hundreds of referring visitors to your website. Follow these tips and tricks that will help you create systematic blogs and generate solid search engine rankings.